Monday, April 30, 2007

Day 3, again and again

ChipsWell, I have learned something new about myself and have been surprised by it. I am having a lot of difficulty with Day 3, - only eat while sitting. I am struggling with this so much that I have held myself at day 3 for almost 5 days !

The good news is I am really noticing how many bites I take while standing. It is apparent I would have no choice but to lose weight if I ate only when sitting - Problem is - I have the damn thing in my mouth before I realise it - but now I am realising it (albeit AFTER the fact) but that's a first step.

I must make some ressponse cards for this and put them all over my fridge and cupboard.

Let's see - things I have trouble with (eating and standing): Peanut butter. I love a spoonful of peanut butter! I put some in the dogs chew toys every morning before I leave for work (keeps them busy all day) But I have trouble putting that jar away before I've had my own spoonful (or two). Cookies, leftovers after dinner. And, testing while cooking. I have taken cooking classes and they tell you you ALWAYS MUST taste as you cook to know if you need more of this or that... I guess if I can limited to just when I am preparing a special meal (for a dinner party or something) then that wouldn't be too bad.

I have to remember that when I stand up and eat I don't notice how much is really going in there - it doesn't seem like much - but its been enough to get me to 200 + lbs! So - I am going to buy a SMALL jar of peanut butter (rather then the BIG one) and I am going to buy canned dog food to put in their toys - I surely won't be tempted to have a spoonful then! and I am going to put a BIG sign on my cookies - G O S I T D O W N !

To give myself credit (which brings us nicely to DAY 4 - giving yourself credit) I have become more aware of what I have been doing subconciously and out of habit and when I did realise I was eating standing up I would immediatly go sit down with it - it's a start. I have decided to continue moving forward with other steps as I continue to work on mastering step 3.

Tomorrow I will post about step Five! I'm off to read my response cards!

No comments: