Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Day 4 - Give Yourself Credit and Day 5 - Eat Slowly and Mindfully

I sort of skimmed over day 4 yesterday as this is a step I have been working on for quite sometime. I have come to realise that at one time I was a better friend to strangers then I was to myself. Now I make a habit of giving myself the credit I deserve rather then belittling myself for relatively small slip ups and mistakes.

So - to give myself credit - I have done very well with eating while seated today. I did take a bite out of a cheesey while stnading earlier but - only one nibble of one cheesey - I have only had 3 cheesey (instead of not knowing how many I had) and I ate my breakfast and my lunch seated and much slower then I normally do. That said, I noticed especially at lunch that I was feeling quite comfortable after I ate and did not have the craving I normally have for something sweet afterwards. This is truly going to be a major key in my weight loss efforts. Eat slowly and mindfully while sitting down.

I have to admit that I also read ahead to Day 6 last night... this could be interesting - Find a diet coach. Not sure what I will do there... I am off to do some research on this online.. As I don't have a friend who I think would be suitable... and I have started and stopped so many diets since I met my husband he just says "sure you will" whenever I say I'm trying something new.
Tomorrow is really day 6 so I will go into more detail tomorrow - but part of me is wondering if I need a diet coach now since I am more trying to change my habits so I don't gain too much weight while I am pregnant (although I am not pregnant yet my hope is I will be in the next month or two). On the other hand if I can ose some weight in the next mont or two pregnancy will be that much better. ... more on this tomorrow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, This is Judith Beck. I'm so pleased you're following the program in The Beck Diet Solution. I just read your blogs for the past couple of days with interest. First, I love the little figure pouring food into its mouth. How do you do that? Second, it sounds to me like you're developing exactly the right kind of mindset for dieting, e.g., committing to giving your dogs dog food in the morning instead of peanut butter, committing to eating everything sitting down (slowly and mindfully). Unlike lots of dieters, you recognize that you HAVE to make changes if you want to not only lose weight but also keep it off. Doesn't sound like you're struggling with these changes; you're just doing them. Anyway, best of luck! And for inspiration, see our dieters blog at www.beckdietsolution.com.

heartsdesire said...

Hi Judith -
Thanks so much for visiting my blog - today is going much better withthe sitting down and the slowing down - it is deffinately something I have to be conscious of and force myself to do. I feel strongly that your program is the one that will help me live the life I am meant to.

I do check your dieters blog daily. It is so nice? encouraging? inspiring? to know that other people are also struggling with the same things I am and even better - overcoming their challenges on a day by day basis!

The little nibbly guy is from http://smiley.smileycentral.com/
It is a free thing you can download onto your tool bar and insert little animated icons onto your blog or into e-mails. There are lots of faces to choose from - and lots of fun!