Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Day 6 - Find a Diet Coach

well well - here I am at Day 6. So I contemplated if I would actaully find a diet coach or not and I believe I have decided I will. REgardless of the fact that I am trying to conceive, I should lose a few pounds (well quite a few) and who knows how long it will take to actually get that
+'ve pregnancy test.

So, I didn't think my husband would be the best choice although he is supportive I also tend to get mad at him for being right all the time! Grrr! I didn't have a friend I could ask because most of my friends are exercise fiends (marathon runners and triathletes) and I know they cannot relate at all to my dieting woes. So ... I am going to rely on my hubby for some support and I will discuss this with him tonight. I can't blame him for being frustrated with me as I have made a number of commitments to do this or do that over the last couple of years and I have had trouble following through - just like many of the examples in BDS. So, anyway, I belong to an onling forum for women in their 30's trying to conceive a baby after previous miscarriages. Turns out there are quite a few also trying to lose weight as well, So I began an online forum for a group of us to share our diet trials and tributes along with our trying to conceive catastrophes and celebrations.

Additionally Laura who has been posting comments on my blog and I have decided to be cyber-coaches since we are both using the book and in need of a coach. Laura - I am looking forward to being BDS-buddies with you!

As for Days 1 - 5 ... I am making a continuous effort to slow down my eating. For example, I had lunch today with a friend who I always thought was a painfully slow eater. Well, I finished just one bite ahead of her today! I would normally be long finished before she was even half way!!! I have been eating everything sitting down - and even though I have not switched the dogs off peanut butter yet (those pet food recalls have me a bit nervous) I am doing well at not having my own "scoop" of peanut butter first. This morning I did get a little on my knuckle - I must admit I licked it off.. but otherwise I So Rock !!! Reading my response cards through the week while I am at work is easy as I have a reminder pop up on my screen - the weekends are tougher - I seem to forget. I am going to add visualisation to my routines each evening before I fall asleep. I think that might help re-inforce Day 1 - the Advantages of Losing Weight.

Ok - Day 7 tomorrow - can't wait!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!!

How did you make out yesterday? I was not going to do my planned exercise yesterday, because I was "too tired". Well, just as I was approaching where the gym is, I had a change of thought. In fact, one of my friends who has been desginated the "work out" coach called me and told me to get my butt in there and that she was waiting for me. Sigh. Good thing. As soon as I finished the workout I was so happy that I did it and gave myself BIG CREDIT... Today I am working on NO CHOICE. I have my card all ready and so far so good. Actually having the power to say that, really really does work.

Anonymous said...

I have my blog up and running. Kinda boring at the moment...but I'll get better at it. :)

http://knittingandstuff.blogspot.com/

heartsdesire said...

Hi Laura - I did well yesterday. I have posted in my blog. I had a bit of a relapse today but caugt myself half way through.

Good work on going to the gym! I tend to walk my dogs for 30 minutes every morning but last night my husband and I did a second 20 min. walk after work. The weather is so nice tonight I imagine we'll do it again.