Monday, May 7, 2007

Day 8 and The Weekend...

Day Eight is Choose an exercise plan - I have already started my exercise program so it might be time to "step it up" a little. Right now I walk my dogs for 30 minutes every morning and for 15 minutes every evening (on weekdays) and I usually squeeze a walk in at some point on the weekends as well. I think I will now (starting tomorrow since it is now 4 pm and I haven't today) set my calendar reminder to walk for 15 minutes 2 times a day (my coffee breaks) throughout the day as well. I work in a beautiful location surrounded by tall pine trees and a lovely fresh water creek. It is a beautiful place to walk with groomed trainls and everything - which makes me wonder why I don't take advantage of that?

Ok... now the weekend - the truth hurts. I have been working away on the beck diet solution all week and I blow it on the weekend. I was so good all week about sitting while I eat, eating mindfully, cleanong up my environment and giving myself credit - thenthe weekend comes and I feel like I undo all the good I have done. Saturday morning I ate my breakfast standing up and I ate it fast! I was having a garage sale and my husand brought me home a fast food breakfast sandwhich (greasy and yummy) but we had no chairs set up in the driveway and my husband didn't want to interact with the "buyers" so I wolfed my sandwhich standing up. :( then I went to a baby shower that afternoon. So - I went to the party - thinking I would hold my firneds new baby the entire time (not who the shower was for) and that way I would be too busy to eat - this worked for the first hour and a half. But then mom wanted to feed the baby. there were not enough chairs so I ended up eating standing up. I do think I ate less then I normally do at those things but I did eat more then I planned to and I ate it all standing up! GRRRR! Ok that was just Saturday. Friday night we went to a fast food place for dinner - I did eat a hamburger but I ordered a salad with it instead of fries/onion rings)I did eat a couple (2) of my husband's rings but hten I was too full for the salad so I took it home. Sunday - I just grazed all day - sitting, standing - no idea what my problem was! I think I need to focus more on a food program now - My sabotaging thoughts seem to be saying - "You're not dieting yet so eat everything you want - just make sure you are siting and eat slower."

Now that I am also suppose to be making time and energy - I am going to use 1/2 of my lunch hour to plan my meals and gorcery lists. That way I will be more focussed on the choices I am making before I sit and eat it mindfully! I know that is a later step - but I think it suits me to start this sooner then later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are going to be faced with things time and time again. Like ordering something off the menu that sounds really good, and find out when you get, that you failed to see that it was smothered in Alfredo sauce. I just make a mental note that the next time, I am going to do the following (like not order that again).....
So what I am saying is that things come up, and maybe it wasn't handled 100% the way you would have wanted to, but you now have the knowledge for the next time it happens. I also know that its hard when you are learning something new or changing habits. But as you "train" yourself, it becomes a lot easier. The more you do it, the easier it gets.

heartsdesire said...

Thanks Laura - that helps to know that being perfect 100% of the time is ok as long as you are on track more often then you aren't I guess!